Are you confused about the hotels and lodges? Hotels and lodges are places where the travelers and the tourist stay. The basic difference between the two is that hotels have restaurants where people can enjoy meals in the hotel while lodge only provides accommodation.
Most people do not know the difference between the two. Both the hotels and lodges provide accommodation for travelers and tourists. Let us see the detailed features or services offered at the hotels that lodges do not provide.
- Hotels are easier to spot; most of the time, these are greater in number with huge capacity for the visitors. Hotel is a usually a huge building with plenty of rooms for people to stay for few days.
- Hotels provide a variety of the other services other than accommodation. Hotels have more inclusive services, including lodging. The meals are provided to the residents through room service, or if the hotel is well established, it may have restaurants inside where people can enjoy their favorite meals.
- There are various types of hotels. Some are small with only basic facilities while others are for the elite class with outstanding royal facilities for the visitors providing complete leisure and joy. These hotels are 7-star hotels.
- The pricing varies based on the services provided by the hotel management. Most of the hotels are located near tourist destinations, and people visit these places on vacation and stays for many days.
- Some of the hotels like Hilton have the service of arranging business or social events. People book hotels at their dream destination to make their day more joyful and pleasant. Lodges do not offer such services.
- Lodges are places where people can stay for a short period. A room is provided with the necessities for a short time stay. It is a shelter and resting point for travelers and tourists.
- The meals are usually not provided to the people staying in lodges. Lodges are different from hotels as the sole purpose of the lodge is to provide accommodation, but hotels have many other facilities. That is why rooms in the lodges are comparatively cheaper than those in the hotels.
- Lodges are hard to find because most people prefer hotels as they can enjoy more facilities.
- Lodges are affordable as compared with a five-star hotel if you have a limited budget.
- Lodges are comparatively simpler, with only basic needs for tourists.
Where Should I Stay?
It depends on your choice. Both are good, but if you want accommodation, then lodges are preferred, but if you do not find the lodge, then hotels are good to go. If you want to enjoy hotels are exciting places, you can check for the facilities before booking a room for you.
Lodges provide accommodation while on the other hand hotels provide lodging with other facilities like restaurants, swimming pool, bars, room service, and many more. Hotels have many different categories, but the main point to differentiate both is that hotels provide meals while lodges do not.